Bugs

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2007 at 5:27 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2007 at 5:28 PM
For whichever bugs post in this discussion.
Mar 21, 2007 at 8:34 PM
Lorenzo,

Thank you for sharing this code. I plan to look at implementing this tonight. One observation: you might want to add a directory check so that you can limit what/where users can browse for images, for example, restricting to a given images directory? There is one example of doing this at http://www.4guysfromrolla.com.

Also, do you expect to provide an example at some point of using this handler to faciliate uploading images in various formats? I've created something (based on a lot of great examples out there) that does this. It scales various image formats--limiting the max width and height to a configurable setting--and converts them to JPG before storing on the server. But it doesn't solve the .gif issue with transparent backgrounds, nor does it address embedded thumbnails in image files. If your code solves these, I will use your handler to do the processing.

Thanks and good luck with this project!
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2007 at 11:37 AM
I have understood. I am thinking to implement the reconstruction of the transparency for the GIF

ryanhirschey wrote:
Lorenzo,

Thank you for sharing this code. I plan to look at implementing this tonight. One observation: you might want to add a directory check so that you can limit what/where users can browse for images, for example, restricting to a given images directory? There is one example of doing this at http://www.4guysfromrolla.com.

Also, do you expect to provide an example at some point of using this handler to faciliate uploading images in various formats? I've created something (based on a lot of great examples out there) that does this. It scales various image formats--limiting the max width and height to a configurable setting--and converts them to JPG before storing on the server. But it doesn't solve the .gif issue with transparent backgrounds, nor does it address embedded thumbnails in image files. If your code solves these, I will use your handler to do the processing.

Thanks and good luck with this project!